I485 case sending

Hi, I sent my case some days ago, and my package delivered yesterday at immigration, my question is how many time take immigration to send me the received notice? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You should receive the noa (notice of action) in two or three weeks. Then, if all your documents are filed correctly you should receive a letter for the biometrics appointment. In case they need something from you before going forward with your case, you will receive an RFE.

1 Like

Thanks :pray: and you know when I can expected receive the work permit?

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:
I haven’t received the biometrics appointment yet. I’m still waiting and I’m pretty nervous.
I know (reading other people’s experience and different articles) that you should receive your work permit in one or two weeks maximum from the day they took your fingerprints.

Thanks Daniel!! I wanna know some experiences, and your experience it’s very important to me, if you don’t have problem, can I ask you about your case? I mean? when was you send the case for first time? Or your processing time until now? And again thank you :pray: so much

I wish your appointment come very quickly and that everything will go fast for you!! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

No problem Leidy. It’s a pleasure to be able to help someone when possible.
Here’s my case 2020:
Aug 12 they received my case;
September 2 and 3 I received NOA for i-765, I-131, I-485 and I-130;
October 29 they mailed an RFE;
Dec 1 they received my response to the RFE (the wanted my birth certificate. I believe that on the one I mailed in august with the package, my parents name was missing)
Where do you filed it from?
I filed from Boston and I did everything by myself without any lawyers help.

Thanks Daniel!!
Well let me tell you a little bit about my case.I am from Colombia :colombia: I come here in 2014 and apply for asilo, in 2015 I meet my husband and I married with he in 2016, in 2018 the law changed for asilo cases, I supposed be a interview in 2018, but when the law change to first entry, my case was delayed for more that 4 years more, so my husband decided sent the petition. I send my case for first time in June 2020. But immigration come back to me the case 4 times since the first time, I am doing with a person who tell me that hi help me with this but, after 4 times to come over the case I decided change for a immigration office and I am here sending my case for 5 time again, with a hope this time everything will be ok!!

Note: I hope you can understand me, because I don’t speak English so good :blush:
I am in Miami, Florida
And I send my case to Chicago
If you can tell me other things that i can help me I am very appreciate

Just got scheduled for my i-485 interview
After 520 days. My interview was cancelled oct 10 2019

Hi, thanks, are you in or out US?

I live NewYork . I had interview 2019 oct 10 which is got cancel now finally after very long got scheduled again thank you

I just received the biometrics appointment letter. It’s on February 17th.
The letter it’s dated January 23rd.
It took them 53 days the give me an answer to my RFE.
I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Daniel, wow that’s awesome :clap: I hope everything going good :relieved: lmk!! Congratulations again :clap::clap::blush::blush:

Hi Daniel are you have the working permit?

Hi Leidy, I don’t have the work permit yet.
It will be after the 17th. They need my fingerprints and pictures first.

Oh ok Dani!! Thanks :pray: